- Installing Mechanic 2
- Finding extensions
- Installing extensions
- Uninstalling extensions
- Updating extensions
Mechanic is a RoboFont extension which makes it easier to find, download, install/uninstall, and update other RoboFont extensions.
Installing Mechanic 2
Once installed, Mechanic 2 will appear in RoboFont’s Extensions menu.
Go to the Extensions menu and open the Mechanic 2 window. Mechanic will pull information from the registered extension streams, and display a list of available extensions.
- paid extensions from the Extension Store are listed first
- installed extensions are marked with a gray circle
- new in Mechanic 2: extensions may include an icon
Using the search bar
The search bar can be used to search in extension names, authors and tags.
The following special search words are supported:
- shows all installed extensions
- shows all extensions which are not installed
- shows all extensions for which updates are available
When installing an extension, Mechanic will fetch the extension’s source code, and copy it to the appropriate folder in your system:
- Installing free & open-source extensions
- To install an open-source extension, simply select it from the list, and click on the Install button.
- Installing commercial extensions
- To install a paid extension you’ll need to buy it first. Select the extension from the list, and click the Purchase button – you will be taken a payment page in the Extension Store. After the payment process is completed, the extension will be downloaded and installed.
That’s it! The extension is now available and ready to use.
To uninstall an extension, select it from the list, and click on the Uninstall button.
Use the Check for Updates button to check if there are any updates available for the installed extensions.
To update an extension, click on the Install button; when the confirmation dialog appears, choose Re-Install.